We've got s couple of Google Calendars created for the ISO group in OIT.
The first is a "Windows Updates" calendar, which tracks "patch tuesdays" and also notes the WolfTech approval dates for MS patches. This calendar is public.
The second is a generic "shared" calendar for events of interest to ISO staff. Anyone in OIT ISO can see and change events on this calendar, but it is not visible outside of ISO, except to show free/busy to ncsu accounts.
To add these calendars by downloading a CSV contacts file:
- Download OIT ISO Contacts List
- Login with your Google Account and select "Contacts"
- Choose "Import" (look top right) and select the CSV file you downloaded in Step 1.
- In Google Calendar, under "Other Calendars" is a text box labeled "Add a Co-worker's calendar", type "OIT ISO" in this box and you should see the OIT ISO calendars just imported into your contacts
- Select the calendar(s) you wish to add
To access these additional calendars manually:
- Log in to your Google Calendar account.
- Under Other Calendars in the left column, click Add, and then click, Add by URL.
- Select and Copy the following URL: (make sure to get all of it, including the http:// at the beginning, and the .ics at the end of the link):
Windows updates: http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/ncsu.edu_e36inergvd0f31sl7dqq1afu2c%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
OIT ISO Vacations
- Paste the Calendar Feed Link into the URL field.
- Click the Add Calendar button.